Wow, is time getting faster or am I getting slower?? I'm gonna go with the time getting faster. This year has been hard, and I mean really hard. Although we've struggled in so many different areas of our lives this year I can honestly say we are blessed! Everytime I look into my husband and childrens faces they look happy! We are so happy just to have eachother and to know that as bad as it is for us we don't have to do it alone. I really believe God has blessed us with positive attitudes this year. I know some of you are going huh, Cheryl with a positive attitude :)?? That's right friends even through the occasional complaining I realize that I have the joy of the lord in my heart, and he has helped me to see the best in things. I have my days where I have complained, and whined(huge shocker haha). I just pray that I keep seeing the positive in all things, and look above for help.
Cody is the most wonderful husband who doesn't complain nearly as much as he should. He works so hard, and still seems to always have a smile on his face when he gets home. After 7 years of marriage I love him even more now! I can hear the kids screaming "daddy" in excitement when he walks through the door! His patience is overwhelming at times...it's almost unreal. If any of you have ever gone fishing with him before you know exactly what I mean. He's not perfect, but he is perfect for me.
Courtney is such a sweet little lady. she is really into kisses and hugs this year. She has the most amazing imagination, it makes me wish I could be a kid again sometimes. She loves to negotiate dinner...."how many bites do I have to eat". She is so smart and it makes me excited to see her happy about learning so much in kindergarten. When she comes and sits on my lap it's a reminder of how fast this life is. At one time she was a little peanut but now she is getting so big. One night at dinner I had to explain to her that it's important to eat your food, because their are kids who have to eat garbage and dirt cookies. Almost every night now she prays for the kids who eat from the garbage and dirt cookies. She melts my heart with all the love she gives. Many nights she will find her way into our bed, but it's not us she wants to cuddle with it's Hank. Courtney brings a smile to many faces, and I thank God everyday for blessing us with such a sweet daughter.
Then there's Colton, he was without a doubt born to cuddle :). The boy has to cuddle with someone for a least a fraction of the day, or I don't know what would happen. He is almost 4, but still loves to rub my chin when he's laying by me or sitting on my lap. I act annoyed, but I secretly know my heart will break when he stops doing it one day. I often look at Colton and wonder if he was ever really a baby. It seems as though he was born and then he was a toddler. Did I lose my mind for a couple of years?? I guess that's a definite possibility :). He gets bossed around daily by Courtney, or "Curtney" as he likes to call her. I've come to think he must like the bossing because he very rarely complains. He loves to include me in on his playing...."mom, did you hear that noise? what kind of bad guy do you think it was". He is either Iron man, Bat man or Spiderman and has to jump from the couch and the bed to show me tha he almost can fly. He is a big boy with a gentle soul, and I feel very blessed to call him my son.
If you made it this far, and are still going what is this about anyway. I guess what I'm trying to say( I get carried away) is that the good wins over all the crappy days. " I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me" Phil 4:13...Bring on 2009, we're ready for it!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are the only person I've ever met that I can just sit down and complain with. I think that is one of your most endearing qualities. Of course, that is coming from a complainer... hehe. Seriously though, there is nothing wrong with a little complaining; it keeps you from saying something you don't mean or from going completely insane!! I really hope that 2009 brings your entire family overwhelming joy. Love you.
Post a Comment